Description: Large, Red-dark brown in colour with yellow markings down the sides of the body.
The Australian cockroach is large in size and found around homes, leaf litter and greenhouses. They have also been known to cohabit with the smokey brown cockroaches. During their life span they are known to eat or destroy plant life especially seedlings. Adults can live up to 4-8 months producing 20 egg cases with about 24 eggs in each case per female. During studies on the Australian cockroach they found that they are carriers of salmonella. Mostly prefers to live outside around vegetation.
To best control or stop the Australian cockroach, a few easy steps can be taken which include:
- Cleaning any food scraps after eating.
- Zip lock or put food into containers including flour, cereals, meats and so on.
- Clean pet bowls regularly.
- Wipe down benches after daily activities.
- Lowering the amount of water they can come into contact with, by drying out containers and fixing any leaky pipes.
- Seal garbage tightly before and after use.
- Fill any holes where they might be able to come in from
- Vacuuming shelves and cupboards can help as well by lowering food particle build up.
- Call De-Pest Masters Australia on 1300 17 10 77 for your personalised control programme.