Description: Medium in size, Dark Brown almost black, legs are normally black, large abdomen.
The Black house spider is generally found inside houses, bark of trees, verandas, fences and so on. The web normally has an entry hole in it and hides in window frames and corners or rooms. This is very similar to the funnel webs style of webbing which a lot of people get confused with. The female won’t leave its webs unless its forced to because most of its prey is interested in the web and goes toward it. The female makes around seven egg sacs inside this webbing and stays with the sacs until it has hatched. They hatch normally in the summertime.
Life Span: 1-2 Year.
To best control or stop the Black house spider, a few easy steps can be taken which include:
Lowering moisture in areas outside the house.
- Keeping the grass cut short.
- Clean rubbish build up externally.
- Keep a close eye on children’s play equipment not having webs.
- Check and wear gloves working outside.
- Wear shoes outside.
- Call De-Pest Masters Australia on 1300 17 10 77 for your personalised control programme.